Team Manager - MASH
Achieving for Children (RBWM)
£49,541 – £57,380 pa
Achieving for Children, Windsor & Maidenhead
37 hours per week.
24/11/2019 at 23:59 PM
Achieving for Children is an award-winning social enterprise created by Kingston and Richmond Councils in 2014, expanding into the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead in 2017. We are responsible for delivering the entirety of children’s services in all three local authorities.
Achieving for Children has been up and running for five years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children’s services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education’s eight ‘Partners in Practice’, tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
We are looking for the right candidate to ensure the provision of high quality services that secure lifelong positive outcomes for the children, young people and families in the Royal Borough.
As a Team Manager you will need to:
- Deliver the organisation’s vision, objectives and annual priorities in line with the financial regulations, contract rules, and all approved organisation and organisation policies and procedures.
To be a Team Manager for AfC, you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people as well as demonstrating the following:
- Knowledge and experience of working with vulnerable children in a statutory setting.
- Knowledge of legislative framework.
- Experience of management in a social care setting.
- Experience in child protection and court work.
- Experience in delivering professional supervision to social work qualified professionals and non-social work qualified.
- The ability to make safeguarding decisions.
- The ability to effectively manage a fast moving service.
On behalf of the wider leadership team and the wider management community:
- Contribute to the leadership of the organisation in a manner that builds ownership and commitment, promotes strong performance, connects strategies to action, provides clear accountability and delivers results and uses evidence based practice to transform services.
- Actively pursue the engagement of children, young people and families in service design, delivery and evaluation, and ensure services are children, young people and family-focused.
- Develop and implement strategies that support the quality of the service and secure significant and sustained improvements for children, young people and families.
- Provide leadership and management of the team, in collaboration with all relevant parties, so as to ensure the organisation and council’s vision, objectives and annual priorities are realised.
- Hold responsibility and accountability for the functional aspects of the service. Use the performance framework to ensure delivery against targets, collaborative working practices, a strong customer focus, efficient resource deployment, staff effectiveness, continuous service improvement and improved outcomes for customers.
- Undertake performance reviews, securing training, personal and professional development plans for all employees that reflect service improvement priorities.
For an informal discussion, please contact Marie Peters, Service Manager for SPA & MASH on 01628 683990.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check.
Closing date: 24 November 2019