Social Worker – Pods
Achieving for Children (RBWM)
£35,448 – £42,888 pa
Achieving for Children, Windsor & Maidenhead
37 hours per week.
27/05/2019 at 23:59 PM
Achieving for Children is an award-winning social enterprise created by Kingston and Richmond Councils in 2014, expanding into the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead in 2017. We are responsible for delivering the entirety of children’s services in all three local authorities.
Achieving for Children has been up and running for four years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children’s services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education’s eight ‘Partners in Practice’, tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
We are looking for Social Workers to join our POD Team’s in our Safeguarding and Children in Care service in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead at a time of exciting and positive change.
With a real focus on improvement and quality of practice, the Pods are an innovative and dynamic place to work. You will receive consistent and reliable support and supervision from an approachable and experienced management team. You will have access to Achieving for Children’s excellent training and development package.
You will need to demonstrate highly refined interpersonal skills as the role requires you to develop and maintain mutually productive relationships with colleagues, partners, agencies and most importantly young people and their families.
As a Social Worker – Pods for Safeguarding and Children in Care for Achieving for Children (AfC), you will be responsible for:
- Supporting children on CIN Plans; CP Plans; CiC Plans.
- Working with families to support them to meet their children’s needs.
- Assessing the needs of children and their families.
- Working with multi-agency networks.
- Court work under the Children Act 1989 & 2004.
- Achieving permanence for children.
- Contributing to the ongoing development and improvement of the team.
To be a Social Worker in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people as well as demonstrating the following points:
- Be a qualified social worker with relevant practice experience.
- Have knowledge and experience of statutory frameworks; policy and procedure; and best practice.
- Have proficient IT skills.
- Have a high level of determination, organisations skills, personal drive, energy and ambition to achieve challenging targets and improve outcomes.
In return, we will offer you high quality support and development opportunities. If you would like to find out more about this exciting role, please contact Sue Jewell or Laura Roche on 01628 683981 or 01628 796479 for an informal discussion.
Applications will be reviewed as submitted and candidates will be contacted individually if called for interview.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check.
Closing date: 27 May 2019
Interviews: w/c 3 June 2019