Business Support Officer
This vacancy has now closed and is listed for reference only.
Achieving for Children (RBWM)
£21,904 – £24,752 pa
Achieving for Children, Windsor & Maidenhead
37 hours per week.
19/05/2019 at 23:59 PM
Achieving for Children is an award-winning social enterprise created by Kingston and Richmond Councils in 2014, expanding into the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead in 2017. We are responsible for delivering the entirety of children’s services in all three local authorities.
Achieving for Children has been up and running for four years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children’s services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education’s eight ‘Partners in Practice’, tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
Business Support is a central, fluid and flexible service providing support to critical activities that take place on a daily basis to enable the business to function and services to be delivered. A key driver for the Business Support service is to provide and deliver robust, resilient and efficient support through the three Business Support Teams which meet client expectations and need. The teams provide a shared support service to managers and teams across AfC, working together using common processes and practices to meet the business needs of AfC and deliverables outlined in the Service Level Agreements (SLA).
The post holder will work as a member of the business support team providing comprehensive coordination and business support for the dynamic and fast paced multi-agency team (MASH) and our First Response Service; Duty & Assessment, where all the referrals or requests for support, in relation to children 0 - 18 years, residing within Windsor and Maidenhead Borough, are managed.
This is an opportunity to provide an efficient support service that will impact on the effectiveness of the operation staff providing services to vulnerable service users, ensuring we meet our statutory duties / requirements for children at risk, children in need, on child protection plans or in care.
As Business Support Officer you will be responsible for providing high level administrative support to the Duty & Assessment Service. Duties will include:
- Inputting referrals onto our children’s database PARIS.
- Providing advice and signposting of front line Children’s Services.
- Taking minutes at meetings with practitioners and external stakeholders.
- Generic administrative support to a team of professionals including Managers and Social Workers.
- Supporting the performance management and monitoring of MASH and Duty & Assessment Service through the collation of information from PARIS and partner agencies data recording systems.
- Ensuring that statutory requirements for storage of client details and other sensitive data are in line with GDPR General Data Protection Regulations and AfC policies and procedures.
- On behalf of the managers and operational staff receiving and conducting high volumes of telephone calls. Use own initiative when responding to calls and where appropriate relay messages/ information to appropriate team members to ensure appropriate level of service / advice can be offered.
In return, we will offer you high quality support and development opportunities, including Signs of Safety training, specialist CPD and much more. If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Delia Smith on 01628 686308 for an informal discussion.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check.
Closing date: 19 May 2019
Interviews: 31 May 2019