Achieving for Children (RBWM)
£35,488 - £42,888 per annum
Achieving for Children, Windsor & Maidenhead
37 hours per week.
16/08/2020 at 23:59 PM
‘We want social workers who are funny, friendly and can give good advice’- Young People from Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Kickback group (2020).
The children and young people of Windsor and Maidenhead are looking for “amazing, passionate and dedicated” social workers to join social work teams within Achieving for Children (AfC). Our young people have said that they want social workers who are genuinely invested in their lives, listen to their views, act on them and are able to champion and support them to improve their lives.
It’s a genuine team effort in AfC and this was recognised by Ofsted which rated the organisation as ‘Good’ after our inspection in January 2020. If you are an enthusiastic and passionate social worker who has the drive to make a positive difference to the lives of our children and young people, then we want talented people like you to join us. We want Windsor and Maidenhead to be the best place to be a child or young person.
About the role:
We are looking for social workers to join our amazing teams. All of our social work roles work in partnership with children, young people and those connected to them, in order to co-create plans that meet their identified needs.
Core activities include:
- Undertaking child and family assessments.
- Carrying out child protection enquiries.
- Safety planning with children and families.
- Direct work with children and young people, including children and young people with disabilities.
- Care proceedings and court work.
- Work with our Children in Care and Care Leavers.
We are a not-for-profit social enterprise owned by three local authorities (Kingston, Richmond and Windsor & Maidenhead), we offer the freedoms of a social enterprise with the employment benefits of local government.
We are seeking dedicated, friendly and non-judgemental social workers to join our team. Our children and young people have also shared that they would like social workers with the following qualities, Social Workers who:
- Are good listeners and can exercise patience.
- Are organised and come prepared to meetings and visits.
- ‘Go the extra mile’ for children and young people.
- Show passion and enthusiasm towards their work.
About our benefits
Our children and young people understand that Social Workers have a challenging role and they want social workers to have adequate training and the support they need to continue to make a difference in their lives. In return for your dedication, Achieving for Children will offer you the following benefits:
- Positive and supportive working environments.
- Positive work-life balance.
- Access to employee benefits and support forms part of our health and wellbeing offer and the opportunity to work in a flexible way.
- An extra day of annual leave for your birthday.
- A competitive salary and access to LA pension scheme.
- A range of staff benefits, and discounts managed via your own app - Staff can enjoy a wide range of discounts on sports and leisure activities and everyday shopping through AfC My Place.
- Professional reflective supervision.
- Strong Management - A strong performance management culture, with an equally strong focus on practice learning is embedded across the organisation.
- A fantastic learning and development offer - A clearly set out and accessible learning and development pathway, offering an extensive range of training and learning.
Achieving for Children have Fixed Start Dates, candidates are advised to prepare for this should a job offer be accepted to ensure eligible continuous service is not affected.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Marie Peters on 01628 683990 and Marie Bell on 01628 685942 for an informal discussion.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check.
Closing date: 16 August 2020