Associate Director for Inclusive Education
This vacancy has now closed and is listed for reference only.
Achieving for Children (RBWM)
Circa £80,000 pa
Achieving for Children, Windsor & Maidenhead
37 hours per week.
01/09/2019 at 23:59 PM
Achieving for Children is an award-winning social enterprise created by Kingston and Richmond Councils in 2014, expanding into the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead in 2017. We are responsible for delivering the entirety of children’s services in all three local authorities, with Windsor and Maidenhead being a discrete operational area.
We are looking for an Associate Director to lead the newly formed Inclusive Education service. Working with the DCS you will be the lead professional to develop the multi-year education plan to meet the council’s priority for an inclusive education system which provides the environment in which all young people thrive, and especially those living with financial disadvantage or additional needs.
You will lead established teams that work well with all local schools, understand the growth profile for the Borough and provide a range of support services to the schools and pupils including SEND services around Education, Health and Care plans and home to school transport.
A successful candidate will develop the joint working with these teams, parents, schools and health providers so that more young people access education, achieve well and develop their independence. As the lead professional for the Schools Forum you will be in a strong position to influence the strategic and financial direction of the education system.
You will have close relationship with the Deputy Director for Children’s Social Care and Early Help to ensure that all of services join up to support young people.
To be the Associate Director for Inclusive Education, you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people as well as demonstrating the following skills and experience:
- Be educated to degree level, with appropriate professional qualification/s.
- Have knowledge of legislation, statutory frameworks at play in Education including the Ofsted inspection framework for schools and the SEND Code of Practice.
- Experience of leading a multi-discipline team, working together to improve outcomes through collaborative endeavour.
- Have experience of building and maintaining successful relationships with a range of influencers, including school leaders, health providers, government officers and local politicians.
- Have a high level of determination, personal drive, energy and ambition to achieve challenging targets and improve outcomes.
In return, we will offer you high quality support and development opportunities. If you would like to find out more about this exciting role, please contact Kevin McDaniel, Director of Children’s Services on 01628 686477 for an informal discussion.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check.
Closing date: 1 September 2019
Interviews: 25 September 2019