Revenues and Benefits Officer
This vacancy has now closed and is listed for reference only.
£24,561 – £27,967 pa
Town Hall, St Ives Road, Maidenhead , Berkshire
37 hours per week.
21/07/2019 at 23:59 PM
The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Revenues and Benefits Service is committed to providing high quality services to all of its residents.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic officer who can work generically across aspects of both Revenues and Benefits to join our successful team.
Outstanding performers have the ability to progress through RBWM’s pay and reward scheme.
Short-listing will therefore be based on the level of experience against the criteria within the job description and personnel specification however training will be given.
- Work within a team dealing with all aspects relating to the accurate and prompt processing of work associated with Council Tax, Housing Benefits, Council Tax Reduction and Discretionary Housing Payment claims.
- Ensure that matters relating to the assessment of these accounts and claims dealt with promptly, balancing the need to support the delivery of a personalised service to residents with the need to protect the council’s financial interests.
- Be able to communicate effectively and courteously with members of the public and other council departments in writing, by phone, or in person.
- Have experience of administering Council Tax accounts, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction and Discretionary Housing Payment claims.
- Have experience of the Academy System.
- Be able to produce clear and concise written communication.
- Have the ability to meet challenging deadlines.
- Be able to work both as part of a team and also on own with minimal supervision in a busy office environment.
- Have good IT skills.
- Be adaptable to change.
The successful candidate may be working across various locations over 37 hours. Candidates must be prepared to work between the hours of 08.30 to 17.15 although flexi time is available subject to service demands. Experience is essential.
For more information about the position, please contact Sarah Sneyd or Elaine Henderson, Revenues & Benefits Team Leaders on 01628 683698/685838.
Closing date: 21 July 2019
Interviews: w/c 29 July 2019