Registration Clerical Assistant
This vacancy has now closed and is listed for reference only.
£19,609 - £22,485 pa
Town Hall, St Ives Road, Maidenhead , Berkshire
37 hours per week • Fixed term contract for nine months • Immediate Start.
18/04/2021 at 23:59
The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Registration Service is committed to providing high quality services to all residents and customers.
This fixed term role is being created to support the Registration service in their recovery from the impact of COVID-19 on wedding administrative workload, and to assist in the implementation of major legislative amendments to the Marriage Act
We are looking for an experienced administrative/clerical officer to join our successful team.
Short-listing will be based on the level of experience against the criteria within the job description and personnel specification, however job-specific training will be given.
- Have a good standard of education to at least A Level.
- Have previous work experience or knowledge of the Registration Service is desirable.
- Be able to produce clear, concise written communication including neat handwriting.
- Have meticulous attention to detail: you will be required to register completed marriages onto the live Registration system and produce copy certificates, and assist in checking all paperwork is correct ahead of wedding ceremonies.
- Have organisation and planning ability: you will be required to liaise with religious premises to arrange and oversee return of wedding registers and associated stock.
- Be able to work both as part of a team and also on own with minimal supervision in a busy office environment.
- Be quick to learn new skills: you will support Registration Officers with general reception duties including booking appointments, wedding ceremonies and taking payments.
- Have good IT skills with excellent knowledge of Microsoft software including Outlook, Excel and Word.
You will deal with the public via face to face, telephone, and email contact, and need to give out accurate information regarding various registration duties and legislation.
For more information about the position, please contact Clair Coe/Andrea O’Brien Superintendent Registrar’s Office via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 18 April 2021
Interviews: w/c 26 April 2021